Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fun, fun and fun!

I was wondering why we need to change the room for the class. Then I was informed that we are going to have a speaker from England. So I guess it would be boring. Because sometimes speech doesn’t work well with me. I will attend to hear but it would 10 minutes of attentive listening. Then, I’ll be lost nowhere. Anyhow, to my surprised, wow~ I guess I’m totally wrong! It was the moment of pleasure! Meeting Kim Trusty and enjoying one and half hour of my life in the class is definitely defining. The activity was simple yet it was really meaningful and fun. It would definitely invoke my creativity of creating activities hopefully for my teaching of literature in future to be even more lively and exciting. I like the part where we need to read aloud and attempting on the task based on the poem of LULU – a nice piece of work. The most significant part of it is when we need to create a poem from three different points of view. It was really very fun and enlightening I would say. We come out with a poem entitled “I see”. I have already forgotten the poem but the last lines were “through the window I see” indicating a broad horizon of what Lulu saw from the wide open window. I did learn whole lots of new things from her from simple things of how to hold the microphone properly to how to really seriously engage to the students to the text. I’ve found out that Kim Trusty has a myspace account and I have drop a message to her. Yet, still waiting for her reply. Honestly, she rocks! Ha-ha.

No comments: