Sunday, August 10, 2008

Verbalizing my thoughts

Wow~ writing position paper is something that looks easy in spite of that, writing it and working on it may not be as easy as it seems. It is pretty hard. When all the topics prescribed were told, I was having some sort of dilemma – what text should I choose? Later, I have decided to choose Alice Munro’s Boys and Girls, it is a really interesting story and I enjoy learning it 2 years back. The issues that emerge seem in the story so strong and significant that I could still feel the “impact” of learning it during the yesteryears. =)

This was my first thesis statement; “A passage from innocent towards experience; a girl’s initiation towards maturity through the resistant against stereotypical ideas on how girl should be” Yeah, it sounds quite weird and odd. So then I met with Mr. Ovid and he asks me to change it. Not convinced by his response, I met Dr. Edwin. He he. Then as we were discussing, he help me out in constructing the thesis statement – “The girl in Boys and Girls, represents the changes and resistance towards stereotypical views about female behaviour”. Thus, it sounds even better and suits my outline very well. Thanks Dr!

No comments: